Children Cases

We have two solicitors who have a specialist knowledge of cases involving children. Anthony Vingoe qualified as an Advanced member of the Law Society Family Law Panel and as a Resolution Accredited Specialist in children law cases. Kathryn Poole deals with complex cases where there are allegations of harm to children and often where the Local Authority is involved.

Children Arrangements Orders

The Court can be asked to resolve the living arrangements for children. It may be one parent seeking an Order for children to live with him or her or the other parent seeking to spend time with the children. These cases may often necessitate the involvement of what is known as a CAFCASS Officer where there are concerns over the welfare of children and the cases often involve several court hearings and last for may months. Our solicitors deal with the cases from start to finish and represent you at all court hearings so that, unlike many solicitors, you do not have to be represented by someone else at court.

Specific Issue Orders

There may be situations where parents cannot agree on a specific issue such as schooling or medical treatment. The court process in these cases are usually much quicker and we can deal with them without delay as we appreciate that such issues may need to be settled urgently for the child involved.

Prohibited Steps Orders

It may be necessary to prevent a parent taking a child or to prevent a parent from allowing someone else such as a new partner from coming into contact with a child. We are often asked to advise on such issues and have them determined by a Court urgently. Our expert solicitors will advise on the process, charges and whether a referral to mediation ought to be made before resorting to the court system.

Enquiry Form.